Pre-enrolling Five Year Olds
When your child is approaching school age, you need to fill in an enrolment form and produce a NZ birth certificate or passport and immunisation records. Please have completed enrolment forms to the school office at least 12 months prior to their start date. This will help us plan for class placements for that year. An appointment should then be made to visit the school. Two pre-school visits are advised. Other enrolments require the same information but pre entry visits are not required
Kauri Park School Home Zone - In Zone
Enrolment at Kauri Park School is governed by an enrolment scheme.
Each term or year as the Board of Trustees may decide, applications for enrolment in the following year or term from in-zone students will be sought by a date which will be published in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. This will enable the board to assess the number of places which can be made available to students who live outside the home zone.
Out of zone enrolments
Each term or year the board will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Important information about out of zone enrolments: As a result of the continuing high number of in zone enrolments, we cannot accept any new out of zone applications that do not meet the priorities listed below. The main reason for this is that in terms of teaching space our school is beyond capacity. Whilst the Ministry of Education are working with us on a long term solution, the reality is that significant construction is required to remedy the problem. The planning for this has not yet begun so we are probably at least two years away from returning to a sense of normality.We apologize for not being able to accommodate your child at our school, however all of the schools in our area serve their students extremely well.
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First Priority will be given to students who have been accepted for enrolment in the following special programme(s) run by the school and approved by the Secretary for Education. [This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary.]
- Second Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third Priority will be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth Priority will be given to applicants who are children of former students
- Fifth Priority will be given to applicants who are children of board employees or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth Priority will be given to all other applicants
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.
Please contact the school if you have any queries.